Patented Smoking Chip Feeder
(“Smokin’ Chip Feeder” System with Tool & Access Port)
Easily add wood chips, small chunks and sticks for smoked flavor, without even opening the charcoal smoker.
No other kamado gives you all this versatility
- Add smoking chips when ready so they do not burn up prematurely.
- Cooking Grids do not need to be removed to add smoking chips.
- Add wood for smoke even when Ceramic Heat Deflector is in place.
- Wood chips do not get in the food or stuck in the grate.
- Hands are not exposed to the fire.
- Heat is not lost by opening kamado smoker - cooking cycle is not interrupted.
- Sturdy, Stainless Steel Feeder Tool is also handy for adjusting charcoal, breaking up ice cubes and defending your surf & turf etc.
- Feeder Port Hole is handy for checking/viewing the fire without opening the grill.
- Port is also good for adjusting coals with ash tool on a long smoke, without opening grill and when the Heat Deflector is in the way.
- Port may be unscrewed to fine tune air flow above the charcoal especially when smoking. This allows you to fine tune for blue smoke without pushing more air through the coals and heating it up more than wanted.
No More Soaking Your Chips
With regular grills and meat smokers it is recommended to soak wood chips in water for 30 minutes before adding them to the fire. This is to keep them from catching fire and burning up the needed smoke and flavor.
With Saffire, you don’t need to remember to soak your wood chips ahead of time, or at all! Now just add them to the kamado smoker, when ready, with the Chip Feeder Tool. Because of the efficient, low-airflow environment inside the Saffire, there just isn’t enough air for the chips to catch fire when you’re roasting and smoking at medium to low temperatures.
Another reason barbecue is easier with Saffire!
Tailor your Flavor with Wood-Smoked Savor
Many different species of wood chips are available to add different smoked flavors to your food. Some are more delicate and others stronger. (See the smoke intensity chart below.)
Smoking chips are usually available from your Saffire dealer as well as other stores.